To ensure we are matching homeowners in our service areas with Five Star Rated companies, we use tracking numbers in our publications. Also, when you call a Five Star Rated company from our book or website, the company will know that you are calling through us due to this unique number.
- Be wary of prices that seem too good to be true
- Avoid unknown companies selling door to door
- Be wary of the high-pressure sales technique
- Be patient during the busy season
- Avoid moonlighters
- Don’t make a hiring decision based on a company’s sign in your neighbor’s yard
- Remember that one referral is only one referral
- Thoroughly check references
- Only compare apples to apples
- Avoid business on a handshake
- Avoid large, up-front payments
- Never open an account for a contractor at a local store
- Do not help contractors
- Do not lend tools to the people you hire
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Monitor workers in your home
- Avoid cash payments
- Write a check to the company you hired, not to an employee
- Request lien releases on major work
- Never make the final payment until you are completely satisfied
What is Five Star Rated?
Five Star Rated is an annual physical and digital publication featuring quality home service providers in your area that have been independently researched to ensure they meet the Five Star Rated standard. The Five Star Rated team reviews hundreds of home service providers in our areas of circulation each year to bring you a comprehensive
Why isn’t my favorite service provider listed?
A particular company may not be listed in Five Star Rated for a variety of reasons. It is possible the company did not pass our vetting process, does not conduct a considerable amount of business in the geographic area, does not have the required insurance and licenses, or chose not to participate in the Five
How can I get in touch?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please reach out to the Five Star Rated Help Desk Team! Phone 877-902-7575 Email [email protected]